Presentation House Gallery / Polygon Gallery
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Presentation House Gallery is Western Canada’s only public gallery with a mandate to exhibit and disseminate photography and media art, emphasizing contemporary Canadian work within a context of historical and international art. In addition to its exhibition program, the Gallery organizes national and international touring exhibitions, produces publications, and offers public events and art education programs. The Gallery endeavours to offer the community diverse experiences which enrich viewers with new considerations about the world in which they live.
The Gallery invites applicants for a newly-created position: Marketing and Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Director/Curator, and working closely with the Development department, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will be responsible for the coordination of the Gallery’s Communications and Marketing initiatives, which are particularly intensive during the two years leading up to the opening of the Polygon Gallery, the organization’s new facility.
Ongoing Gallery Duties
- Development of the Gallery’s social media identity.
- Production and dissemination of press releases and newsletters related to Gallery programs (i.e. exhibitions, publications and outreach).
- Keeping abreast of social media trends, and recommendation of resources that best promote and generate interest from potential audiences.
- Management of the Gallery’s website content, maintaining and updating it in a timely manner.
- Implementation and management of appropriate SEO and analytics tools.
- Management of the Gallery’s web presence on third party sites.
- Identification of enhancements, and plan future improvements, to user experience and/or internal communications workflow.
- Development and management of a social media policy for internal and external use.
- Development and execution of Gallery marketing campaigns promoting its exhibitions, publications and outreach.
- Initiation and implementation of cooperative marketing and communications activities with individuals, groups, cultural and educational community representatives, the media, and tourist and marketing organizations.
Capital Campaign Duties
- Development, implementation and oversight of communications strategy in relation to the opening of the new Polygon Gallery, including broad community support for the project.
- Management and implementation of the Gallery’s new brand through print and online communications.
- Production and dissemination of press releases related to the capital campaign.
- Planning and management of communications events (e.g., press conferences).
- Liaison with multiple stakeholders to help identify and shape key communications messages.
- Oversight of the creation of the new Polygon Gallery website.
- Development and execution of marketing campaigns in association with the capital campaign.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible roles in the field of marketing and/or communications. Experience with media relations and web content management are required; confidence in HTML and graphic design are considered assets. Other assets include writing and editorial skills as well as experience working in a cultural, particularly visual arts, environment. Ability to prioritise and effectively manage time will be integral to the role, as the successful applicant will work on multiple simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
The Gallery offers a flexible work environment, in which the Marketing and Communications Specialist will work a flexible 28-hour week, at an annual salary of $45,000. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Jessica Bouchard, Campaign Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 8, 2016.